Thursday, February 10, 2011

2 Halfs down, 2 to go ~ White Rock Recap


It has been since SA full that I updated last. I hate that, I get busy with life and the kids and I lose my momentum to keep blogging. Well, I didn't update after 2 races I recently did, so I guess I will sum them up now.

White Rock Half Marathon ~ This was my Team in Training event. It was freezing that morning and the waves took forever. We were huddled up in our corrals. I was sporting a very attractive trash bag before the start. I know, sexy huh?! We finally crossed the start at 8:55...55 minutes after the first group...yep, we were WAY back in the pack. There were supposed to have been 3-4 more corrals BEHIND us, well, they didn't exist so all those folks ended up in my stall...probably ahead of me and my comrades. I was blessed to run with my friend Leslie and Alison. It was Alison's first event ever! I was proud I could run it with her. She was a trooper!

It took awhile to warm up, but after about 3-4 miles, we were sweating, so we were A-OK. The course was great, it was FLAT, FLAT and more flat! My training runs have more hills usually, so it was quite surprising to not see any hills at all. We ran a steady pace and trucked on through all the way to the end. Finished 2:40. Wasn't a PR, but eh, they can't all be! It was a slow start with all those folks bottlenecking at the beginning, I really attributed the delay to that. It was such a good feeling to have my friends running with me. I have gotten too slow for the people I used to run with all the time. So it was nice to have someone to talk to along the way. Sometimes it is nice to just have someone running beside you. We crossed the line together, were whisked in the building to get finisher shirts, pictures and our cool medals! Gotta love the bling. Of course we had to have the celebratory beers. Cheers ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment