Tuesday, December 8, 2009

5 days to go - I can't believe it's almost here!!!

Ok, the holidays have taken over, so I haven't been able to update as regularly as I had been. Well...since I wrote last, I have run 55.5 miles. So that was an 8, 12 and 8 on my long runs. I have been doing great...I luckily haven't had any pains, except normal muscle aches here and there. Running feels natural now. It is weird, I never thought I would say that. I AM a Runner!

Stacy will be running a half with me, she is faster than I am, so that means I have had to speed up to stay with her. Luckily, I have apapted to her pace and have improved in my speed. It's nice to have someone to run with...it really makes the time go buy faster and it doesn't seem as difficult if you are doing it with someone.

As the marathon day approaches I am finding myself really sad that it is all coming to an end. I am amazed at how many new friendships that I have fostered and how much I love being a part of such an unbelievable organization. As a team, we have raised over $82,000 as of Dec. 3rd! That is awesome! That money will go a long way to help find a cure. I am already talking to Roy about signing up again next fall and doing the Rock again with the team...next time as Mentors. I have had two of the most amazing coaches I could have asked for and I would be honored to be on their team again. The mentors have inspired me so much...I have never felt so attached to a cause before. Being a part of a team has given me more purpose in my own life and for that I will be eternally greatful to everyone involved in TNT! OK, enough sappy stuff...

I am getting down to business. I have the new shoes (well not new this week, but a few weeks old), I have my purple TNT shirt, got one of my packets...now I still need to get the relay packets, my half packet and my TNT packet. So much to remember and keep up with. I was laying out my clothes for last Saturday's run and was in awe at all the stuff that I had to put on before I ran. I am praying it will be in the 50's for race day. I can lighten my load then and wear my shorts and run like the wind. I think my biggest worry is what to wear on race day. I am not concerned about my physical well being or any of that...just, what am I going to wear?! The proverbial question every single woman on Earth debates daily...what to wear! Do I layer...or just wear one layer. I know...I am way over thinking this and think it is 1am and I need sleep. Yep, I am now babbling.

I will update again...before the big day!

Daily mantra:
2 miles! That's it!?

No comments:

Post a Comment