Saturday, November 14, 2009

29 days to go - 16 weeks of training

I can't believe we have done 16 weeks of training! That is amazing to me how far we have come and I am kinda sad to see that it will be over soon. I have had the most rewarding experience of my life. I have challenged myself personally. I have raised money for such an unbelievable cause and I am just so happy I good bust!

Today I ran 8 miles today with Stacy again. Looks like she may end up running Whiterock with me in Deb's place. I found out on Friday that Debra is out for the season. It was a "significant stress fracture"...now she is done with running for good she says. It breaks my heart for her since she and I worked so hard to make it this far only to have her dream taken away with only 4 weeks to go. She is still in good spirits, but I am sure it was very disappointing for her. I know it would have really devastated me to out because of an injury. These things happen I guess and so we just have to move on...but you better believe she will be there cheering for us on race day!! I ran my 8 miles in 1:41 today...that is 7 minutes faster than the last 8 mile run. I came in happy with my arms held high and my girl Deb was there! She came to see everybody. That just made my day :)

Daily mantra:
Do whatever it takes

Daily miles:
8

1 comment: