Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The start of a great Winter season!

I am so excited to start running with Team in Training again!!! I missed it. I really felt out of the loop a bit. There is just something magical that occurs at 6:30am on Saturday. A group of strangers come together, they enter into a commitment together with one sole uniting purpose...to raise money for cancer! They are never strangers for long, a family of purple people come together and do some amazing feats. This will be my third season with Team in Training and there is a reason that I keep coming back! It is truly spellbinding to see the dedication, heart and soul in people that want to do something good in the world. When it's 105 degrees outside, we train. When it's 14 degrees outside, we train. What we are doing REALLY does make a difference in the lives of patients with blood cancers. One of the honored heroes that spoke at kickoff said her oncologist told her that there would be a cure in her lifetime! How much more encouragement to run can you get than that?!!! That is why I get up at 5:30 every Saturday for 4 months of my life...so I will hear one day that cancer has been eradicated, blasted, eliminated, expelled, CURED! Why do I run? Because cancer SUCKS!

Check out the group of strangers that will be one big family in a few shorts weeks!

GO TEAM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment