Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I am at it again!!!

Well I have taken a little break from my blog, but I haven't taken any time off from running. After completing White Rock Half Marathon, the running addiction began. Once you finish your first race it does something to the chemicals in your brain that cause you to crave that adrenaline rush and excitement of racing. I am totally making that up, but I think it has done something to me anyway. No sooner was White Rock over, that I was already in training mode for Rock N Roll Dallas Half...which I took 10 minutes off my time by the way. Not to mention while at the expo for that race, I signed up to run a FULL marathon in San Antonio on November 14th to commemorate my birthday! After RNR Dallas, I had to get in gear to sign up for something else. I know, I am sick! The next race was Heels and Hills. I ran an even better time than my last race and knocked another 9 minutes off my time.

So, what will I do next? Well, that was a complete no brainer. I LOVED LOVED LOVED running with Team and Training and raising money for Leukemia and Lymphoma so I decided to sign up to run White Rock Half Marathon and I am going to be a mentor for my season. I feel very blessed that I am able to pass on what I have learned and I will be able to help nurture, mold and shape some new runners into trained athletes like myself!

Running for a cause sure makes running a lot more fun. When you have a reason to run when it's 103 degrees out, when you know that the miles you put in are helping something that is battling for their very life, it makes it a lot easier!

Who wants to help support my cause? Donate today to help me achieve my goal...no amount is too small!

No comments:

Post a Comment