Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Is their a toenail fairy?

You know how little kids get so excited when their first teeth start to wiggle and they have the anticipation of getting a reward from the tooth fairy? Well...I am starting to ponder, I wonder if their is a toenail fairy? I never thought I would need to even wonder about that until I ran Heels and Hills. I happened to have my toenails a wee bit longer than normal and after running a half marathon, I wound up with a lovely shade of purple in one of my nails. I thought for sure that it would just go back to its lovely pink shade and return to its previous state. I was sadly mistaken. It has been 3.5 months since that event and lo and behold I have a wiggly toe nail. It is teetering on falling off and staying put. I want to wiggle it in hopes that it will fall off and I will put it under my pillow and wish for new running shoes....so I can forever keep the cycle going of purple toe nails ending in skin that I have to paint to look like toenails. Hey, I wonder if nail salons give discounts if they get to paint fewer nails? I need to look into that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment