Sunday, October 30, 2011

13.1 Series Dallas - Race Recap

I didn't get a chance to update last weekend. So I will try my best to recap the 13.1 Series Dallas. This was the Inaugural race for Dallas. It started at the AT&T Performing Arts Center in the Dallas Art's District. It was a beautiful venue to run out of. Great sponsors, lots of cool freebies AND a red carpet!!!

I actually did something that I have never done today. I ran a race with my husband by my side! I never thought that would happen. He is a much faster runner that I am, but, he slowed down to my pace for the race. We will be running the White Rock Marathon together, so, I thought we should probably see if we can stand each other through a half marathon. Right?! Well, we did and it was great! He pushed me when I needed it and kept me on pace for my goal time.

I finally chased the elusive PR! I have run 4 half marathons since my PR of 2:38, I have chased it. It has been relentless. I just could not seem to break that number. It haunted me, it beckoned me to beat it if I could, but no. Not until this race that is!!! I ran the race in a record breaking, for me that is, 2:30!!! Now if I can keep that same pace for WR full, I will hit my 5 hour marathon goal too!!!

It was also pretty neat too, because it was the first race for two of my TNT teammates that are training for full marathons. To see their excitement and enthusiasm for their first major races was priceless. So a shout out goes to Eric Thornton and Andy Rose for completing your first half marathons, in damn good times too!!!

As far as the race goes; it was very well organized, well sponsored, well supported on the course, they even had strawberries about mile 8. I really liked the course. It was fast and flat, except for the last 2 miles. That was ONE long hill! Overall, I give it a big thumbs up and I will definitely run the course again next year!!!

Another GREAT race with GREAT friends!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Chris! It was exciting! And such a great race too!

    ReplyDelete