Thursday, October 6, 2011

Run, run as fast I can...

I have never been a fast runner at all. Even the setting on my Garmin classified my once normal pace as a "Slow Jog" (this is anything from 11:00-14:00 minutes per mile). Lately I have been running around 8:30-11:00...the Garmin says that between 9:00-12:00 minutes per mile is a "Jog"! So, yay, I've graduated to a jogger! Maybe I will make it up to a "Fast Jog" someday...that is 8:00-10:00 minutes per mile! As least they can't call me a turtle anymore :) All I can say is, speed work is your friend! I am seeing some PRs in my future.

2 comments:

  1. Ok I'll try this again. Your Garmin can't determine whether or not you are a runner. When you pinned that 1st bib# on your singlet and toed that 1st starting line you became a runner. For the last 20+ years people have asked me what is a runner . My answer is simply "Someone who goes out there and test him or herself."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd hate to see what the Garmin would say about my pace!

    ReplyDelete