Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Double digit territory

Well, it is finally here, the 10 miler day! Few have crossed these miles before today, so it's kind of exciting to share them with the newest of runners. The TNT 10 mile run is probably one of the hardest that we will run in a season. As you can see my the elevation map, it's NOT a walk in the park by any stretch of the imagination. Oh sure, we could always have run the 5 mile route two times, but what fun is that!?

It will only go up from here, mileage-wise, so time to buckle down and keep my eye on the prize. The big picture is a PR at White Rock. A PR at 13.1 would be super too! It's not all about speed and time for me, but about improvement. I want to reach my goals and keep surpassing them. I guess that is the benefit to starting off as a slower runner, there are many opportunities for PRs in your future. Where as you go out and run a really super fast race, you might not be able to improve upon that time each race you do. I just don't want to go backwards. I have averaged more runs in the 10/min mile range than the 12/min mile range, so yep, lots of improvement. My approaching half marathon is getting me really excited. I am super excited about the cool new tech shirt, of course the new bling is exciting and I get to start at the art's district and run through all the pretty parts of downtown Dallas. Race day makes me happy. It is exhilarating and exhausting at the same time. But such a rush! THAT, my friends, is why I keep coming back for more.

45 days to White Rock Marathon and many more miles to go. Next week we will be running 14. Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment