Sunday, November 8, 2009

38 days to go - And off she goes

I love days like this! I mapped out a different 4 mile run with a few less hills and I am happy for it! I found that I was running a lot quicker than I usually do...I got to my first mile marker at 12:00 and then made it to my 2nd marker at 25:00...which was pretty good. I ran the 3-4 miles and reallized that I was way ahead of my usual time for 4 miles. That can't be...my best time yet is 51 minutes for 4 miles...and I ended up with 45 minutes. Really??? There had to be NO way that was right. I went on a run that Roy had mapped out on Log your run and he used the Out and Back feature...Which is supposed to calculate going to that point and coming back...that should be the same miles both ways...right?! Well...evidently...upon re-examination of the route...I knew I couldn't have run THAT fast...when I remapped it and traced the route all the way there and then traced it back, it was only 3.6 miles. So bah hum bug...not the stellar time after all. Oh well...one cool thing I did do was power through my killer hill by my house. I can NEVER run the whole hill without dying...well I ran the whole dang thing without skipping a beat! I just powered through it and did my mind over matter hoodoo voodoo and made the hill disappear! Boo Yah!

Daily mantra:
Hills, Smhills!

Daily miles:
4

No comments:

Post a Comment