Wednesday, November 4, 2009

43 days to go - Lots of "whine" in grapevine!

It was all team training in Grapevine...which happens to be about 35 minutes from my house. We were all supposed to meet up at 7am. We were driving there with plenty of time, but unfortunately for us...Mapquest is not our friend!!! We ended up turning on the wrong Hwy 26 exit and finally got there at 7:20...so the whole purpose of us going there...completely MOOT!!! Yes, it was a very disappointing start of the day to finally arrive at the very moment that everyone was doing the "go team" huddle and off they all went. So yay me...I got to run my LONG 10 mile run all by myself! I know...poor me...I had to keep reminding myself...why am I here again??? Oh yeah, to raise money for people that have cancer...they have to fight the fight all by themselves too! So suck it up and run girl!!! I actually stayed steady with my running, I ran when I was supposed to and walked when I supposed to and I stayed motivated, hydrated and gelled. Once I passed the 6 mile turn around (that was clearly marked TURN around) I kept running until I got to the lake. Then there was a sign that I thought was a hair pin turn sign ( I know...I need to go back to sign 101 class) so I preceeded to make a nice circle around the lake turn around...which added about .4 miles. Luckily it was a circle and dropped me back to where I was when the sign appeared. I eventually realized that it was a turn around sign...could have been a tad bit more clear...considering I am still a rookie runner and am not familiar with following directional signage on my routes. I finally got to the start of the jogging path and their was a lady that was supposed to inform me that my 2 additional miles were straight ahead on the path, however she was already engaged in a conversation and I waited for a minute or two for her to speak up, but alas, I ran back to base and asked them...which added more distance too. Where the heck am I supposed to go? They said I had to run back to wear the trail was and go the grapes and back. Oh enough already! Well, I ran to the grapes and passed them until I reached the 10 mile turn around sign and ran back to base. They awarded me with lots of praise and pancakes...so I had to quickly turn that frown upside down and realized that it wasn't an awful experience after all! Yes, it wasn't ideal, but it will make me tougher. I started the day whining and ended the morning feeling great!

Daily mantra:
Run baby run!!!

Daily miles:
10.4 or so

No comments:

Post a Comment