Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Heavy run?

I have never heard the term before, but I think we coined a new one. Heavy run...tonight we were all running and it seemed like we had lead in our feet. Maybe it was something in the air. My heart rate stayed lower than it usually is for all my runs and I felt like I was really struggling to eek out 4 measly miles. Why is that? My foot felt better today. I bought a handy little band that is like an ace bandage that goes around the arch of my foot. It really seems to help so far so good. I also bought some little cushy gel things that go in my shoes to soften the force of my heel strikes...since I guess I strike the ground with them. So my feet were all taken care of...but now I have a new ache for the week. My dang left calf started aching when we did heel training last week, now I hope that is not going to be a regular thing. At least the weather is starting to cool down...it is fall after all...perfect for running. So fingers crossed that I have no more heavy runs...just smooth, gazelle-like, perfect stride, happy runs from here on out!

Date: 09/28/2010 7:08 PM
Type: Run (Interval run)
Distance: 4.01 miles
Time: 0 hr 50 min 27 secs
Average pace: 12:35 min/miles
Calories: 576

No comments:

Post a Comment