Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hill repeats

Tuesday night's training called for hill repeats. Yep, we just did hills last Tuesday...but we only had one team member come out that night because of rainy weather. Roy and I had to fill in for the coaches tonight, they had a meeting...so Roy was our faithful leader to demonstrate the proper techniques to run hills. We did 7 repeats for a total of 3.20 miles. To elaborate on what we do, essentially you just run up the hill while you shorten your stride so your feet move faster than they normally do, get to the light post, turn around and go down again. Repeat...7 times. Anybody that has run in Stonebridge will appreciate the need to know the proper way to conquer the hills. I scoff at my little McKinney mountains all the time on my training runs. Hills, Smhills!

Daily miles: 3.2...counts double for hill training ;)

Daily mantra: I love hills, I love hills!

No comments:

Post a Comment