Sunday, September 26, 2010

Long run - no fun!

Ok...so maybe I should not have partaken in a few rather large glasses of red wine the night before a scheduled 14 mile run. I actually felt pretty good to start off with, aside from a mild headache. The temperature was absolutely perfect for a long run, the wind was a little much though. It was nice when it was at my back, but running into it was a challenge today. My stride felt good, I had a good pace going for the first 5 miles. My heart rate was good. Overall, it was a good run. After I rounded my 7 mile mark, then my 8 mile mark, my foot started to ache a bit...but I kept going. Once I got to 9...it was a full on throb...throb, throb, throb. I guess I just couldn't take it anymore. I cut my run short and walked it it the rest of the way home. Now I am icing it and will take some Ibuprofen for it. I guess I am going to have to stop pretending and admit that I have the dang Plantar Fasciitis. All I can do is stretch it, wear night splints and hope for the best. Why, oh why, does something that is good for your mind and spirit have to be so rough on your body?

Distance: 10.6 miles
Time: 2 hr 25 min 21 secs
Average pace: 13:43 min/miles
Calories: 1407

No comments:

Post a Comment