Thursday, September 2, 2010

I got my mojo back

I am training for my first full marathon and I have been having doubts lately about my ability to do so. It has taken me awhile to recover from the last event I did, which was called "Too Hot to Handle"...it really was. I walked away from that 15K with a few things; disappointment, discouragement, really cool tech shirt and a great photo of myself taken by the photographer of the event. I was illustrating perfectly why it was named what it was...my picture was of me with my hands up walking through the sprinkles. I was not far from the back of the back, but I really didn't care at that point. I was done trying to run, I was tired, I was hot, I was over it.




I guess my point of telling that story is that after that day, my runs haven't been all that great. They haven't brought me joy, they haven't been great pace, my heart rate is all crazy high and I am just all over the place with my speed.

Today, however, I think marks the end of my running slump. The temperature this morning was about 74 and it was dark and raining. After rigging my Ipod, Macgiver style, to be waterproof with a ziploc and some tape, I set out to run 7 miles. I wasn't all that optimistic that my run was going to be all that, but I started out with the rain beating down on me and I felt this freeing feeling. I felt like a kid inside...I made up my mind that I was just going to run and have fun with it! I ended up running my 7 miles at almost the same pace that I did my best half marathon in. I was elated...I got my mojo back!!!

My feet feel great too...I just got some new running shoes on Saturday and I hadn't broken them in yet...I broke them in today and they made me run FAST. No lie, my shoes made me run faster! I know, maybe I should be a spokesperson for Mizuno Wave Inspire 6...wink, wink...Mizuno people.

Today was a GREAT day, it was good for my spirit and good for my soul. Run baby run!!!

Daily Mantra:
Just don't die Ipod, don't die!!!

Miles:
7

No comments:

Post a Comment