Thursday, August 27, 2009

108 days to go - Woo hoo, I made it!

So happy I am done with my run for the day. I was going to run tonight, but I got up, put on my running shoes and ran out the door - literally! I did eat a little something and drank 64oz of water (I had to clarify, I don't want anyone nagging me). I posted a really good time for me. I ran a 13:14, which is really good for me! There was one point when I was coming up the last extremely difficult hill, I would equate it to being a 10 incline on the treadmill, I was going about 5 miles an hour and I was huffing and puffing and a Bob Marley song came on "Could you be loved" and the lyrics were...

(The road of life is rocky and you may stumble too,
So while you point your fingers someone else is judging you)
Love your brotherman!
(Could you be - could you be - could you be loved?Could you be - could you be loved?Could you be - could you be - could you be loved?Could you be - could you be loved?)

Don't let them change ya, oh! -Or even rearrange ya!
Oh, no!We've got a life to live.
They say: only - only -only the fittest of the fittest shall survive -Stay alive! Eh!

and then it went on to say "Get up, get up, get up , get up, get up" while I ran UP the hill! It was great!

It pushed me the last little way up the hill. I love it when I am inspired by songs :)

Daily mantra:
Get er done!

2 comments:

  1. I put new music on my MP3 player and Kanye West's "Jesus Walks" came on - talk about a GREAT beat to run to!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! I will have to check that one out.

    ReplyDelete