Tuesday, August 25, 2009

110 days to go - It's a HOT one today!

Ok, the kiddos are getting back in school and I have been focusing on fall/winter school clothes. Yet, it was 99 degrees today and who could imagine wearing any long sleeves shirts at the moment! Today was supposed to be a 2 mile run - I ran almost 3! Oopsy...was I just so gung ho that I wanted to do the regular marathon running schedule today? Who knows what the reason was, but I ran a whole extra mile today! On a good note, my knees feels really good!!! After most runs so far, my right knee has been so swollen it really hurts for several hours afterwards. My Dr. had advised me to run through the pain and I have been...I guess my body is getting used to it after all. Now if my dang heart would just get used to it already. I feel like I fail everytime my heart rate monitor beeps me out and makes me stop running because it gets to high. I do what Adine tells me and I listen to my body...this is not supposed to kill me in the process...I have to remember that sometimes. I am training to run a race, a race that raises money to save a lot of lives and get healthy in the process - not die trying! I am still running 2/1 intervals. I am making a goal for myself for Sept 1st to start running 3/1 intervals. I think another week of 2/1's and I should be set. I feel like I am getting more endurance...I guess that's the whole point of all these miles. I am tracking my runs and since I signed up for Team in Training, I have run/walked 28.15 miles! Woo Hoo! I can't wait to see how many it will be when it's all done.

On a personal note, which is funny to say since this whole blog is personal anyway, I really think this is something that I was meant to do. I think that I have needed something in my life to get behind and be passionate about and raising money for cancer really fits. It was really hard losing my grandma to cancer. Watching her wither away and deteriorate so rapidly after knowing that she was really fit and played golf almost every day of her last 45 years. She was a very crass, bitchy woman, but that is what she was and I loved her very much and I still get sad thinking of her from time to time. I miss her quips and her sarcasm and wish she had the chance to have met Dalton. I wish there wasn't cancer and I am so determined to do something that makes the difference in the lives of others that are suffering.

Daily mantra:
Helping others, helps yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment