Thursday, August 20, 2009

115 days to go - Never give up

Today was another 2 mile mark. I feel a little bit like I cheated tonight. I walked the whole thing! I would have run, but scheduling conflicts caused us to have to do 2 miles with the kiddos in tow in the stroller. Anyone that has been in my neck of the woods knows just how dang hilly it is over here. Running is NOT an option with 70 pounds worth of kids and stroller. So, we took a brisk walk with the kids and my dog Nitro. He is getting to be senior dog according to his recent checkup (that would be 5 years) anyway, I think Roy will start taking him on morning runs. Heck, we will just make the whole family get involved...even the beloved pooch can suffer a little too!

My knee has become very uncomfortable...the swelling from running is taking a toll. I am continuing to ice it down after runs and take ibuprofen...hopefully as I get stronger, so will my knee and my legs. I can't wait until I get to be like those ladies that run like gazelles and barely break a sweat. The ones that get a high off every run. When does that kick in? I am ready for it!

Daily mantra:
Never give up

No comments:

Post a Comment