Saturday, September 5, 2009

99 days to go - Hills shmills!

I had one of my best days since I started training. I have been sick all week and I just knew I was going to really struggle with my run today. Two things were changing today - I was changing my intervals to 3/1 and I was running my first 4 miles run. I really thought I was going to be dragging and as it turned out, I actually had my best day ever! My speed wasn't the fastest I have run before, but I was not huffing and puffing when I was done and the hills I encountered were just a blip on my radar...my heart rate only maxed out at 176!!! I have been exceeding 185...that is when my watch would beep at me and tell me, hey girlfriend, slow your butt down or your heart will explode soon. Well, I know that the lack of 100 degree temperatures is surely affecting my heart and my ability to adapt and overcome. I felt so proud of myself today...I was even thinking that it was almost too easy today. I was really expecting to be putting up a fight, but I prevailed and I am so excited about my upcoming training week. I just have to run a measly 3 miles on Tuesday...that is gravy now! I remember in the beginning...3 miles seemed like eternity. Wow, what a difference 6 weeks makes! Half marathon...here I come :)

Daily mantra:
I'm feeling good...da, da dum, da dum, da dum, da dum da dum...

No comments:

Post a Comment