Saturday, September 26, 2009

78 days to go - Lannie's Ladies day


I had a great day! I ran the Ovarian Cancer 5k with my Lannie's Ladies team this morning. I ran it in 39:47! That made my pace 12:50/mile! Still in the 12's...I hope I stay there or better. It was so incredibly inspiring to be a part of a large crowd of people that are all trying to raise awareness for a cancer that is very vague in symptoms and barely talked about. They said it was the largest crowd yet and they had a record number of teams this year. We were one of the teams...Lannie's Ladies. I was proud to be on a team with such fine ladies and a few gentlemen that were there to support it too :) Lannie was the hero of our day. She was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer last year and she was one of the fortunate ones that had it caught early and now, she is a survivor. We walked with her last year and now we got to run with her this year. This will be a yearly thing now. It puts it in perspective when a friend of yours has to fight for her life. She had ovarian cancer, we are raising money for leukemia, but cancer is cancer and that is why we run. That is why we train. That is why we put our blood, sweat and tears into this training. So we can get to say that someone else we know is a survivor too!

Daily mantra:
Train harder, run faster

No comments:

Post a Comment