Sunday, September 13, 2009

92 days to go - Singing in the rain

I ran my first 5 mile run today. It was a great run. We had light drizzle and the temps were in the cool 70s. LOVED it! I have come to the conclusion that I run better in cooler weather...I know...it's not rocket science...but hey, hot days are not conducive to great running. At least that is the case for me. I feel great, my legs feel great, my knees feel great...overall, I am just great! I never in a million years would think that I would describe my morning as saying...just got through running 5 miles...those were words I never thought would be in MY vocabulary. I can now say that I AM A RUNNER! I think I am getting that runner's high thing. I feel good after my runs now and feel excited about upcoming runs and added miles. I have logged 59 miles to date...when its all over with, it will be 268 miles. All these steps are helping people...I feel so privileged that I have been introduced to the Team in Training Team and I am so blessed that I can do something that will help so many people.

Daily mantra:
Rain is fun

No comments:

Post a Comment