Saturday, September 26, 2009

80 days to go - Best time yet!

I just switched my route up and tried a new 3 mile trail and ran my best time yet!!! Woo hoo! I ran it in 38:54 which is 12:26/mile! I have been consistently running 14:30/miles and now I am in the 12's. I just ran faster and kept going. Sometimes I have started out too fast and then start getting a pain in my leg or something and have to slow it down. I am still running my 3/1 intervals, but I plan on upping that to 4/1 when October starts. I am feeling stronger every run. I did make myself laugh...I had to play music in my head since my MP3 player died last week and as I was coming up my final - very steep - hill, I found myself thinking of Jessica's blog and pictured the Rocky picture and started doing the doo do dooooo, do do dooooooo, do do doooo, do do do do do dooooooooooooooooo. We all know how that goes, right?! None-the-less, it pushed me up the hill and to my house in record time. I am so glad I have such a vivid memory and can hear the songs in my head. Comes in mighty handy when you have no tunes :)

Daily mantra:
Just baby run, baby run

1 comment:

  1. This makes me smile. I sing, hum, whatever ti takes to make the time go by when my iPod is dead.

    ReplyDelete