Thursday, September 10, 2009

94 days to go - Rain, rain go away

Today was my 3 mile day, I had to run at the gym again on the treadmill. It wasn't horrible, but I much prefer the good old pavement. For 2 reasons really...1. you have to go the distance, you can't quit when you are out there...you have to come back. 2. It is nice to see scenery and run on hills and watch nature. The gym smells like sweaty men and it is really boring to run on a treadmill. The treadmill had a cool lap feature though, so I would get excited to see myself running around the little track. I was the dot that was going round and around. I would start running faster whenever I got closer to a mile point or .25 mile point. I guess that was pretty cool and I watched reruns of Grey's Anatomy. I ran a 14:30...which was way better than last night...I made myself run faster tonight and I think I will up my speed the next time to 5.0. I have run 10 miles already this week and I feel awesome!!! Nothing hurts...I can breathe clearly, my legs feel great, my knee pain is a thing of the past. I am becoming a runner...I have endurance....I have stamina...I actually look pretty strong when I saw myself in the mirror. I had nice form and I didn't feel like I would keel over. My heart feels healthier too. Roy has noticed that all this running has had a slimming effect on me as well. Who knew that doing something for a good cause would in turn change me as a person...change me for the better and make me want to be a do gooder!

Daily mantra:
I am unstoppable

No comments:

Post a Comment