Thursday, September 17, 2009

89 days to go - Speed kills...I mean, Speed drills ;)

Tonight was a scheduled 3 mile run, but instead Coach David had a really crazy plan to have us work on our speed. We met at the usual spot then trekked on over to the school track...I knew I was in for it then! The goal was to run the straight aways faster than we usually run and then walk on the curves and then run even faster on the next straight away. I did pretty good on my running. I just pretended I was Flo Jo :) I ate dinner at 6 before we met up at 7...wishing I hadn't. It wasn't sitting well with the sprints. Note to self...eat 2 hours before we run...at least if I know we are doing speed drills. My legs were hurting pretty good the next day though. Not fun. I will live though.

Daily mantra:
I am Flo Jo, I am Flo Jo...

No comments:

Post a Comment