Thursday, September 3, 2009

101 days to go - I am barely breathing

Today is the fourth day of being sick. I started feeling a scratchy throat come on over the weekend that has managed to wrangle my whole head into a complete sinus war. I can only breathe out of one nostril at a time. Knowing all of this, you must know this too, I haven't run since Saturday : I know, I know, I feel like a complete loser and that I am failing the team. I will prevail though, I think I can muster the energy to walk 3 miles tonight....hopefully. I have a nice nagging cough too now...so lovely. The good thing is, I know I will get better and I will be healthy again...but for the people that I am running for...they don't know that. That is something out of their control and even if they want to get better, they may not. This is why I must train and must run...I am barely breathing today, but I know there is a promising tomorrow.

Daily mantra:
Just keep breathing, just keep breathing...

No comments:

Post a Comment