Thursday, September 17, 2009

87 days to go - Dang that hurt!

I didn't get to run 4 miles yesterday because I had a sick kiddo, so I had to run my 3 miles today...because I am not a rule breaker and that is what is on my schedule (aren't you super proud of me David?). Anyway, I ran my usual trek from my house...a very hilly route down Virginia Pkwy. Anyone that knows the area knows that Virginia Parkway has some major hills...we are talking Level 10 incline on the treadmill. I started running faster than usual because it was starting to rain again (I am starting to think we moved to Seattle when I wasn't looking) and I felt pretty good for the first mile and a half and then my right leg started hurting. Dang speed drills...I know that is why it is hurting. I ended up doing 3 miles in 42:48 which is 14:15 pace...despite my pain, I actually ran faster than I usually do. So whoo hoo...I guess the dang speed drills helped. I still curse you David ;)

Daily Mantra:
Run faster than the rain falls

No comments:

Post a Comment