Tuesday, October 27, 2009

50 days to go - holy toledo batman!

Wowsers - today was the biggest day yet! We ran 10 miles!!!!! Holy sweet honey iced tea!!! I was really ready for it...I was more excited than scared and I was fearless! I ran with confidence and a purpose and I really enjoyed the run. I kept my pace consistent and ate my GU when I needed it and stayed hydrated. The whole run my body felt great, then BAM...mile 8.5-9, I hit a wall! All the sudden my body felt like a wave of fatigue just fanned over me and I was like, DAMN, I think I need some GU or something. So we took some more and drank some more water and walked for a round of intervals and sure enough, we perked back up and voila, we were back on the horse and running up the last hill to the finish line. Once we passed the hill, we were on the straight away, Debra said to run on ahead if I wanted to, but not today...I just ran it in slowly to the finish. I was so happy! I did 10 miles!!!! Wow, ME, I conquered some huge number, I RAN 10 miles in 2:15! It wasn't my goal time of 2:08-2:10, but you know what, I am not winning any medals for my time anyway. I am happy finish and see the end of the journey.

After my run, I took my Saturday afternoon nap for 2 hours and was nice and rested for my 2 mile walk for Light the Night...which is also for Leukemia and Lymphoma. So technically I did 12 miles today altogether!

Daily mantra:
Just DO it!

Daily miles:
12

No comments:

Post a Comment