Sunday, October 11, 2009

64 days to go - Ok, where's the sun at?

Today was another 6 mile run with the team. I love Saturday runs! I never thought I would be happy to get up at 5:45 and run, but now I really look forward to it. I am starting to think that I like mornings (shhh, don't tell anyone, I have a reputation to uphold)! Roy and I were top fundraisers for another week! Woo hoo, it is such a great feeling of accomplishment to raise money for such a worthy cause! It makes me proud to be such a part of this. I know I seem to get sappy and sentimental on Saturdays :) We got off to a nice start, even though it was only 46 degrees outside and no chance of sun anywhere to be seen! We had an awesome run! I have the best running buddy, we have such a good balance, we keep on the same pace and she slows down when I do or speeds up when I do. It's great to have someone that shares the same determination as you and wants to be their best self, like you do. We got to a hill that has been our nemesis on our 6 mile run only to realize that we zoomed right up the hill without even realizing we were done with it! That was awesome!!! We did our 6 miles in 1:22 minutes! Staying consistent, week after week, even with the 4/1 switch. It didn't slow us down a bit! Oh, but it was so cold when we were finished, I was freezing for a good hour after my run. I had the chills and had to take a HOT shower and get all bundled up in a sweater to warm up. Man, I was COLD!

Daily mantra:
The sun is up there, I just know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment