Thursday, October 15, 2009

59 days to go - Thank the Lord for running buddies

Tonight I usually would have run on the treadmill at the gym - which I HATE - luckily for me, my running buddy Debra was free and was able to meet me at 5:30. A night cold front came through during the night, so the weather was nice and cool again, great for running 4 miles in. We started out with a bang, we reached the first mile marker in 12:30...so we were starting off with a good pace. We got to mile 2 in about 25 minutes, so we were still at 12:30...we stayed pretty much on track the whole time. I think we slowed down a little on the hill from hell on Glen Oaks and then we were back up and running full speed ahead from mile 3 on. I was checking my watch and watching our time. I am still trying to break 50 minutes for 4 miles. We sprinted the last of the way in to finish with 50:51!!! 51 stinkin seconds off my goal. Maybe next Tuesday I will do it. My ultimate goal I think it to run 4 in 48. I want to do a 12:00 minute mile so bad. I am pushing myself harder each time to do it. I like to challenge myself and will keep doing so until I hit my goals. I had to fill out my paperwork and out down my estimated finishing time, I out down 2:55 based on my current speeds. Hopefully I will beat the estimate and finish sooner. Either way, I WILL finish the race! I can already see the medal around my neck. Will I win a price? Nah, not even close...will I feel like I won a million bucks?! You better believe it!

Daily mantra:
I got my eye on the prize!

No comments:

Post a Comment