Friday, October 2, 2009

74 days to go - Hump day running

Tonight was our 4 mile run. The hump day run, the long run in the dark. I felt good, no pain in my knees, no pain in my legs. I started off faster than I normally do, I am trying to push myself to stay in the 12's. I got a new Ipod and headlamp for my hat so I was all set! The tunes were jamming and I was running. I kept at a good pace until the dreaded hill on Glen Oaks. I HATE that hill. Of course my watch always beeps me to run right when I get to the giant, looming hill! I liked having my light, it made me feel safer I guess. My time wasn't too bad...I ran 4 miles in 54:00 flat...that is 13:38...didn't stay in the 12's, but I am not fretting it. There is always tomorrow. When we were done running, my body felt great and I was full of energy. Love days like this!!!

Daily mantra:
Running is group therapy

No comments:

Post a Comment