Thursday, October 15, 2009

60 days to go - Gotta fit in my run

I had a million errands to do during the day while the kids were in school. I had barely an hour to run 4 miles. I ended up running 3.37 miles in 43:14. I had a hard run, it was still really humid and hot. I was very hot and flustered. That was the first time in a LONG time that I was completely flushed and beet red when I finished my run. Exhausted, I ran in, showered and managed to pick up my kids on time! Whew...I knew I had to hurry...so I pushed myself faster and faster. Sometimes it might be a little too fast.

Tonight we had our recommitment meeting and party. I was really excited to go find out about all the race day details! Not to mention, it was a chance for me to get out the house and hang out with people that don't have germy toys in their hands and sticky fingers all day! I was relieved to hear about all the details...it is now really sinking in...I AM running in a marathon and I somehow became the team captain!!! I think I am a good leader and am already thinking about signing up for the winter team again next year as a mentor :) This running thing is addicting...I am dreaming about running too. I dreamt last night that I was running and then a group of us stopped to stretch and some reason we all took off our shoes and then the next thing I know is my shoes are gone and all that is left is a shoe for someone with a club foot and a giant orthopedic heel and the other shoe is tight and way too narrow for my foot. I managed to still run with the bad shoes and finish my race. Maybe that is some sort of omen that no matter what crap gets thrown at me, I will finish my race, I will finish what I started and I will never give up! I am going to take it at that. Sounds good to me :)

Daily mantra:
Dream about running faster next time

No comments:

Post a Comment