Sunday, October 11, 2009

66 days to go - Ouch that hurt

Today was not a good day! The kids have been sick all week and they have tested by patience. I have been busy all day and week with work and had to wait for late in the day to finally run. So at 10pm I headed to the gym and was prepared to run 4 miles on the treadmill. I get there and it felt like 80 inside so I knew that wasn't a good way to start. I ran for about 10 minutes and I just couldn't run anymore. I felt awful. I had a shooting pain in my leg that felt like a stab in my calf...I knew I was just better off stopping while I was ahead. I felt so defeated, but I went home, rubbed icy hot on my leg, iced it down and took Ibuprofen and chalked it up to a bad day. There will be lots of other run days and it's NOT the end of the world.

Daily Mantra:
There's always tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment